How To Add a Dreamweaver Extension Using the Extension Manager
The Extension Manager CC is a program that works with Adobe Dreamweaver and other products that are part of the Adobe Creative Cloud to help you manage your extensions. The extension manager will help you install and remove extensions, turn them on and turn them off, and more.
The Adobe Extension Manager supports the following products:
- Dreamweaver CC
- Flash Professional CC
- Illustrator CC
- InCopy CC
- InDesign CC
- Photoshop CC
- Prelude CC
- Premier Pro CC
Working In Dreamweaver
Here’s how to use the Extension Manger in Dreamweaver.
- Open the Extension Manager by going to the “Commands” menu and choosing “Manage Extensions…”.
- If you haven’t already, download the extension or extensions you want to install.
- Make sure that Dreamweaver is displayed in the drop-down menu (the Extension Manager handles extensions for several programs, as listed above).
- Go to the “File” menu and choose “Install extension”. This will open a standard file selector box. Browse to the file you downloaded and click “Install”.
- Read the disclaimer. Make sure that there are no unexpected requirements for use of the extension. Then click “Accept”.
- Click “OK” and close and restart Dreamweaver.
- You can skip all these steps and install the extension by double clicking on it after you download.
- When you install a lot of extensions, this can cause Dreamweaver to slow down. Be sure to disable extensions that you don’t need.
- Make sure to look at the versions of Dreamweaver that the extension is for. While some older extensions will work in the most recent versions of Dreamweaver, some will not.