How to enable/disable password protection for store frontend in Shopify
- In order to protect the store frontend with password, navigate to Shopify admin panel and open the Settings -> Online Store tab.
- Check the Storefront password option. You will see the Password field, you can leave password as it is or replace it with yours.
- In the Message for your visitors field, you can add custom message that will be displayed to site visitors while site is under construction.
- Save the changes and check the site home page. It will be password protected. To preview the site, enter the password from the Storefront password field of admin panel.
- Disable password protection by unchecking the Storefront password option in Shopify admin panel.