How to Reset a cPanel Account Password – WHM
cPanel & WHM allows you to to reset your cPanel account password. The password reset process sends a security code to the contact email address configured in cPanel’s Contact Information interface (Home >> Preferences >> Contact Information).
- To use this feature, you must enable the Email password reset option in WHM’s Tweak Settings interface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings). If you cannot access to the WHM interface, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- To use this feature, you must set the contact email address in cPanel’s Contact Information interface (Home >> Preferences >> Contact Information). If you cannot remember your password and didnot set your contact email address, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
Reset your cPanel account password
- We made significant changes to the Reset Password feature behavior between cPanel & WHM versions 54 and 56. Click the tab below that corresponds with your version of cPanel & WHM.
To reset your cPanel account password, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the following location in your browser, where
example.comrepresents your domain name:
- Click Reset Password.
- Enter your cPanel username in the Username text box and click Reset Password.
- Enter your contact email address in the Contact Email Address text box and click Send Security Code.
- To resend the security code, click Send Security Code Again.
- You must use the same browser session that you used when you initiated the password reset request.
- In the Security Code text box, enter the security code that you received and click Submit.
- Enter your password in the New Password text box, confirm your password, and click Set Password.
- To log in to your account, click Log In.