How to upgrade the engine in OpenCart
- Go to http://www.opencart.com website and click on Download menu item.
- Click on the Download link to get the 126.96.36.199 version.
- Locate your downloaded archive and unzip it.
- Using an FTP file manager or Hosting Cpanel file manager upload the content of upload folder to the server on top of your current install EXCEPTyour config.php and admin/config.php.
- Browse to http://yourstore.com/install replacing yourstore.com with your actual site (and subdirectory if applicable).
- You should see the OpenCart Upgrade script.
NOTE: If you see the OpenCart Install page, then that means you overwrote your config.php files. Restore them from your backup first. Then try again.
- Click Upgrade or Continue.
- After a few seconds you should see the upgrade success page.
- Go back to your and remove the install folder.
- Go to your Online Shop or your Administration panel.
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Now you know how to upgrade OpenCart from 2.0.x version to 188.8.131.52.