Theme Manager in WHM
This set of features allows you to manage themes for the following interfaces: cPanel, Login, Webmail and WHM.
The system uses the cPanel & WHM theme as the skeletal frame on which to place the style, or skin. The theme contains many elements, such as HTML and CSS.
To manage a theme, click Manage Themes.
The Theme Manager interface allows you to manage the following themes:
- Paper Lantern — The theme that appears in the cPanel interface for cPanel users who use the Paper Lantern theme.
When you click Manage Theme for the Paper Lantern theme, the system redirects you to WHM’s Customization interface (Home >> cPanel >> Customization).
- cPanel — The theme that appears in the cPanel interface for cPanel users who use other cPanel interface themes.
- Login — The theme that appears on the cPanel login interface.
- Webmail — The theme for webmail clients that ship with cPanel & WHM.
- WHM — The theme that appears in the WHM interface. You, the web host, and your resellers will see this theme.
The Theme Manager
This feature allows you to view, download, clone, upload, and delete themes.
- The instructions below apply to the cPanel, Login, Webmail, and WHM sections of the Theme Manager interface.
- In order to create a custom webmail theme, you must use a cPanel theme of the same name.
View a snapshot of the theme
To view a snapshot of the theme, click the view () icon that corresponds to the theme that you wish to view.
When you clone a theme, the system creates a copy of the theme.
Clone a theme
To clone a theme, perform the following steps:
- Click the clone icon that corresponds to the theme that you wish to edit.
- Enter the name for the newly-cloned theme on the next page.
When you create a custom webmail theme, use the same name as your cPanel theme.
- Click Submit.
The system will clone the theme and display it in the Themes table.
Download a theme
To download a theme, click Download. You can delete themes so that old or unused themes do not take up disk space.
Delete a theme
To delete a theme, click Delete and click Yes on the following interface to confirm that you wish to delete the theme.
Upload and install a theme
To upload or install new themes, perform the following steps:
- Under the Install Theme heading, enter the name of the theme file, or click Browse.
- Select the theme file.
- cPanel theme files use a
.cpthemefile is a
- cPanel theme files use a
- Click Upload.
- The new theme will appear in the Themes table.
Try a theme (for WHM themes only)
To try a theme, click Activate in the WHM Themes list. The interface instantly changes to the theme that you activated.
Use the Theme Manager to install and update addon themes. Addon themes are additional themes that cPanel, Inc. or a third party provides.
To begin, click the Manage Addon Themes link at the bottom of the cPanel, Login, Webmail, and WHM sections of the Theme Manager interface.
Install an addon theme
To install an addon theme, select the Install and Keep Updated checkboxes for the themes that you wish to use, and click Save.
Uninstall an addon theme
To uninstall an addon theme, click Uninstall next to the theme that you wish to remove.
When you create your own themes or use a theme that cPanel does not provide, you must ensure that the following files exist:
These files control interfaces that the system uses whenever you change a cPanel user’s password. If you do not copy or create these interfaces, users cannot change their passwords if the following conditions are true:
- You used WHM’s Force Password Change interface (Home >> Account Functions >> Force Password Change) to require the user to change the account’s password.
- The user’s password is too old or too weak, as you defined in WHM’s Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies).